Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spicing things up

(Ch20-22)
So the fasting Guru turns out to me a great cook! I must say that I got rather hungry reading these chapters. (I will have to remember that Grape Koolaid cuts the heat trick.)

It is becoming clear that Jake may end up being the most normal person living on Wit's End.

I think it is also clear that ED is one of the smartest. I liked the way she quickly saved the Play from being canceled. She must be enjoying the work. Everyone is complaining about what they have to do to support Randolph but none of them want it canceled. What are their reasons?

These chapters seemed to be setting up something happening when as the girls 'audition' proceeds. Any prediction?

2 Comments:

Ben said...

People are complaining about the work for many reasons. The main one, that was also made plain as day, was how many costumes needed to be made. Destiny fed this by asking for his own, followed up by my favorite quote; “Does audience get a costume?” Destin also made a lot of people angry, setting fire to the rubbish bin and whatnot.

Another thing that is linking to both questions is Gretl’s actor breaking her arm. Not only did Randolph think she was the only girl that could play her, the girl that’s having a personal audition is a girl that Randolph loathes. I think that because he fits the said qualifications and asked for a costume, it is likely Destiny may get (or at least ask for) Gretl’s part.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that Destiny might have to be the voice for Gretl while Priscilla Montrose plays her. The lesson in goat herding that Destiny gave Priscilla ended about as well as the "fried chicken" dinner that Govindaswami cooked. I don't see how even the lure of t.v. is going to keep Mrs. Montrose interested. Any chance that Randolph will do the ultimate in creative casting and cast a boy in a girl's role? I don't think that Destiny would care.
What do you think of Destiny setting that fire in the waste can because he was acting like Jake setting fire to his school? Is this going too far in life imitating art?