Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Show Must Go On!

(CH 23&24)
The signs are all indicating that the show will be canceled when Randolph notifies Mrs. Montrose that Priscilla will not have a shrieking part in the play. However, Chapter 24 ends with Jake convinced that the show will not die. His evidence? The Passion that the Applewhites have demostrated toward making this production successful make him beleive that they will find some way to make it happen.

What is the difference between 'liking' something and having a 'passion' for something? Can you state a personal example?

1 Comment:

Ben said...

To me, having a passion is an extreme liking for something, while liking just means you get a positive expression whenever you do something. For example, I have a passion for my characters, while I just like making sprites for a game I’m making. While I sometimes work on sprites for the game, it is mostly overtakes by thoughts about, or actually writing about, my characters. I often doze off, thinking about my characters, but I never doze off thinking about spriting.