Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ben's Turn

I usually read the two chapters of the day just before adding the days entry to the Blog. I have not read ahead and do not know how the book is going to end.

When I write this entry I am looking for ways to connect what we are reading to experiences Ben may have had. Sometimes I ask him to write on that personal experience before reading the chapter. The hope is that by first recalling his experience he will be better able to understand the chapter.

I look for common threads, interesting comments, or key moments that I think are worth discussing. Kris sends me ideas and sometimes I use her ideas but make them sound like mine. (She keeps sending me ideas so I guess that does not bother her too much.)

Today I want to do something different. Today it is Ben's turn. I want him to read Chapter 33 & 34 and prepare the blog entry like I would. Kris is welcome to help (She can send him an email or he can send one to her asking for help. No Blog posts). If he gets stuck in the mud a little he may want to go back and look at a couple of the earlier posts and see how they are related to the chapters.

Ben needs to send me an email by 7:45 am Friday. I will post it and follow it as a guide to those chapters.